Baring my teeth in order to protect animals and nature.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Las Vegas Reptile Show

Melissa, Nichole, Zoey and I went to the Santa Fe Station for the Las Vegas Reptile Show. It was only eight dollars to get in.

There were tons of vendors. LLL Reptiles, the Snake Keeper, Sin City Geckos, Eccogeckos, and even Petsmart.

The reptiles were beyond amazing. Definitely more variety and exotic species than we could ever get from a pet store in town. There were so many morphs of crested geckos and leopard geckos. But sadly I didn't fall in love with any crested geckos. Most of them had snub tails which meant they were either being handled improperly or kept too crowded. Kinda depressing. I loved the color varieties in the leopard geckos but I don't need any more than the six I got. Was sorely tempted to get a gargoyle gecko female which I could breed to my crested gecko males supposedly and get a hybrid. That's going to happen. Just not this reptile show. There were so many boas, pythons, monitors, skinks, geckos, and more.

I couldn't pass up on a female rosy boa though for forty five dollars. Gotta think of a name though. Nichole got a blue tongue skink and a breeding colony of hissing cockroaches. Melissa wound up taking home a tarantula. Not to mention all of our free stuff. We won critter keepers from the Petsmart booth and had them stuffed with calcium and water conditioner free samples.





No comments:

Post a Comment