Baring my teeth in order to protect animals and nature.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scribbles for a Cause

I've been drawing and painting since I could remember and probably before then. I am talented but only with one focal point. Animals. I donate the art to rescues to raise money for their causes.

I have donated my kitten drawings to Homeward Bound and Foreclosed Upon Pets. The artwork is sold to raise money for vaccinations, spaying and neutering, food, and litter. I try to draw or paint cats similar to the ones in their adoption centers when the creative mood strikes. Both rescues take in cats abandoned during foreclosures, financial distress, and marital issues. The rescue gives these cats a foster home when they have none and then finds forever homes for them.

Jackson was a large Maine Coon with special needs due to his allergy to chicken.

Dinah was a sweetheart but terribly afraid of the world and it made her defensive yet through fostering she has come along way.





Colossal Canine Care has been able to auction off my puppy drawings and paintings. Despite their name, they don't take in just the larger dogs but all sizes of dogs are welcome.

They rescued a king malamute named Balto and found him a forever home.

Max Sadler was used as a bait dog for dog fighting rings until rescued by Colossal Canine Care.

Gavin and Pete were two boxer puppies struck by a mysterious illness that required blood transfusions. Colossal Canine Care pulled them through and found them homes.




I have an ocean life series that I plan to donate proceeds to the Sea Shepherds.




I do also have a wildlife series with over sixty drawings of endangered and vulnerable species. Any money from those go to the World Wildlife Fund.





It's not money. I understand that people don't have money to spare. But there are are ways to help without giving up money. Like donating artwork. Every little bit of help counts.

1 comment:

  1. Mindy, you are an amazing artist and I am honored to have your art in my house. I hope all the rescues can raise money from your art.

    ReplyDelete